It’s officially October! In the Wilson home this means: pumpkin everything, post season baseball and finally cooler weather in the mornings. To us Phoenicians this is HUGE! Two of my three boys love Rice Krispie treats and chocolate, so I decided to make these cute pumpkin shaped treats for the next installment of our Fall Bucket List Series!
If you’re like me, I love recipes that are easy, quick and inexpensive. This encompasses all of those qualities! Seriously it cost me under $20 to make these and in less than 20 minutes.
You will need:
– 1 stick of butter
– 1 bag of mini marshmallows
– 4 cups of Rice Krispies
– Mini Reese’s PB Cup
– Mini Green M&M’s
Recipes is as follows:
– Melt Butter in a pan at low heat. Once melted add in marshmallows and melt into butter.
– Once fully melted, put into a bowl and add 3-4 drops of yellow and red food coloring. (Or really until you get the consistency of orange you would like) Mix thoroughly.
– Add 4 C. of Rice Krispies and mix.
– Now the fun (messy) part. Cover you hands in cooking spray/oil. Form the Rice Krispie Treats into balls, and place each one onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
– Once this step is finished add a Mini Reese’s PB Cup and green M&M’s to decorate!
This is a great recipe to try with your kiddos, the recipe is easy and will keep their attention! (Though mine didn’t want to have anything to do with them, except to eat) Have fun and enjoy!